Under Phase I, we have completed the following activities at the field level:
- Installation of 12 “Rainwater Harvesting Units”; 05 in Nowshera and 07 in Rawalpindi
- 25 plumbers, 12 in Nowshera and 13 in Rawalpindi have initially been identified and prepared their database.
- A simple User Manual containing guidelines has been developed for the households where RWH Units have been installed
- 100 pole banners, each containing a separate message (08 different messages) on promotion of RWH have been designed, printed and hung in both cities.
- Cleanliness drivers/campaigns were organized in the selected Neighbourhood Council in Nowshera and Union Council in Rawalpindi.
- 100 bi-lingual (Urdu and English) pole banners, each containing a separate message (05 different messages) on responsible Solid Waste Management were designed, printed and hung in both cities.
- 20 community activist were identified to support the conduct of awareness sessions and launch of solid waste management campaigns. These community champions also supported the installation of RWH units in both cities.